Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Snow in Southern New Mexico



Snow in Southern New Mexico

5x7in oil on canvas board    90.

Here in Las Cruces, New Mexico, we are all used to Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque getting the snow and colder weather so this is always a surprise when it happens.
I painted this when the sunrise was casting a peach glow and the clouds hung below the tops of the mountains. Quite breathtaking.
Quick decision needed...camera or paint...camera or paint... and paint won. Sadly, now I do not have a photo of this, but it will be in my memory forever.

Only two days later and this is how it looks now. The sun melted the ground snow quickly, but you can see still see some snow on the railings of my deck.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Well done you! I'm very glad you reached for paints not camera! It's stunning, as is the view from your deck!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie