Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nectarines and Cherries


Nectarines and Cherries

6x6in oil on canvas Sold

This was an exercise on following the color wheel. I started with blue then purple following with the full range of reds from magenta into orange then adding a touch of yellow. If I did not have the dark bowl and background you would need sunglasses to look at it.
I like the way it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. I love how the nectarine in the bowl just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting. I liked reading your notes on your exercise. I wouldn't have known otherwise--I just was enjoying it as a painting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie