Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Modigliani With Freesias.



Modigliani with Freesias

6x8in oil on canvas board 100.

 Reclining Nude,  Amedeo Modigliani (1884-1920).

Modigliani  after clicking on  - scroll down to see his work.
                   
I have this print in my studio and saw it behind and through the freesias so thought I would try and make a painting of it.
 Modigliani was deeply impressed by primitive African masks and you can see the influence in his faces. He elongated the body and established his own unique style which I happen to really like.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie