Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Pansies in the Snow


Pansies in the Snow

6x8in oil on canvas board  100.

As the snow melted, the pansies perked right back up. I guess living in a little igloo suited them.
Pansies bring just the perfect burst of color during our winter and I really enjoy them.

Artist Note:
I used the knife and brush on this for some variations in texture. 
Including the snow in the painting  meant I had to work on a strong design linking the color and dark pattern to hold it together.







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie