Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Feather



The Feather

8x6in oil on canvas board  100.

Some new little vessels to add to my collection.
Always fun to explore them in paint but I notice
how carefully I paint them until I have done them
a few times. It will be fun to see how loose I can
get and still achieve a likeness.

Artist Note.

I did not have the feather in at first  - see below -
and I felt something was missing so I went hunting
for the perfect item. Tried quite a few things.
The feather is just a simple curved shape but I think it improved it.
Do you agree?




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. You wouldn't think that something so different would make such a difference but it does,and in a very good way. Bravo on finding the right addition and this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree Julie, the feather really ads that little extra interest, if there was any need for that, and I just love your vases, one of my favorite subjects, and you paint them so gorgeously! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie