Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Memories of Afternoon Tea




Memories Of Afternoon Tea

6x6in oil on canvas  Not for sale.

At the memorial service for my friend, Lorraine, her daughters had beautiful
flower arrangements placed in her collection of teacups.
It was a wonderful idea and the florist did a spectacular job.
I was one of the lucky guests given one to take home.
I say lucky because it brings back special memories of our
many afternoon teas together.

Sentimental me managed to keep my corsage from the event
and brought it home.
It seemed just right to place it as a companion to the cup.

Artist Note.

The two white items were competing for the focal point
so I made them different shades of white and picked a red
background to go with the roses on the cup - making the
cup stand out more...hopefully!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tribute to the memory of your friend Julie, I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous little cup! The red background makes a nice contrast and pulls it all together. Wonderful painting! So sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The delicate teacup and the lovely painting are both such loving remembrances of your friend. The shades of white and the red background work very well - its a little gem, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the red background is quite daring in this painting, but it really makes it a HIT ! Really makes the sweetness and romanticism of the cup stand out.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie