Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Simplified Landscape



The Simplified Landscape

6x8in oil on canvas panel   SOLD

On a quest to seek personal inner reactions to abstract art.

You can see I took yesterday's landscape (see below) down
to its simplest forms.
Even though I abstracted the landscape into interlocking, flat shapes
they still strongly suggest a landscape by the horizontal format,
form and color.

Below you can a see a reminder how yesterday's painting was
impressionistic in its approach.


Tomorrow I will take it closer to pure abstract.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie