Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Spring Splendor



Spring Splendor

6x6in  oil on canvas board  85.

This was a nifty little iris peeking out between the leaves.

I was horrified to see how distorted my blog looked on my friends monitor. She has an up-todate
thin, but wide (letterbox) one and everything is pulled wider than it is.
An 8x6in painting looked almost square. Her colors are are quite lighter than on my computer screen too so it made me realize how different everyone's monitors must be.  Quite daunting to mail out a painting if it doesn't match what they wanted. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems so far.
I wonder if anyone has a solution for this?

Artist Note:

This was a fast little painting to demonstrate how to paint smoothly using a synthetic, angle brush.
These type of brushes are a wiz at blending colors together or creating a side stroke for a different texture. After cleaning the brush I am always careful to place the tip between stiff card stock and secure with paper clip so the edges keep perfectly straight.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting. Great tip about the brush--I've been wondering how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie