Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Wine and Roses"



"Wine and Roses"

8x6in  oil on canvas board   100.

This is the demo I started yesterday. I completed it this morning.
I love the colors in this piece.

Artist Note,

This emphasis for this demo was on placing single strokes at the beginning and being careful not to blend them plus the breaking up of edges. If you look carefully you can see most of the edges are broken up by a brush stroke OR by having the similar values but with a color change ( which I refer to as a transition color) placed next to each other. See below.



Straight edge side by side. Crisp!




A transition color in-between light and dark
softens the edge





Multiple direction and value changes.



I do try to keep some sharp edges, especially in the focal area so the painting does not go all mushy on me.
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie