Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Plum Jam



Plum Jam

7x5in oil on canvas board   Sold

I have a friend who gave me a jar of the most delicious plum jam she had made.
Putting it on the counter among all the "stuff" I have, I saw the possibilities of this little set-up and quickly made the painting. Sometimes the fast ones work and I feel this one did.


Artist Note:


After the landscapes it was good to get back to still life. When I am teaching I find doing a still life is a great way to get many different points across to the other artists. Today the emphasis was on single, opposing brushstrokes...put down and left alone.
Especially important when an artist wants to get looser in painting technique
I was going to post the demo I did today but it was only a partial one so I have to finish it off.
I was pleased how things went. I will do a step by step demo next and will post that.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie